10/11/12

And So, On...

My father died 28 years ago today, killed by his second heart attack. Because I was born on his 28th birthday, today I am exactly his age at his death.


It's strange to think that, tomorrow and forever afterward, I will be older than my father. I'm exploring uncharted lands.

I figure my genes have gotten me this far. To the extent my lifespan exceeds today, I count that a dividend of all my conscious choices for careful eating, weight control, exercise, and stress management.

I plan to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/14/2012

    Thanks for all your work on librivox! I have enjoyed many of your works!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good health to you and your loved ones!

    In 2008 I got my first mp3 player, as a christmas gift from the office. An outdated and simple device, but I liked it.
    With it I discovered the joy of old radio plays and the audio books of librivox. Some of the readers, like you and Mark Nelson, really stand out. It is a pleasure to listen to.
    I still use that mp3 player today! It's kept together with cellotape and currently loaded with some episodes from The Mysterious Island.

    Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

    (btw, yes, my name really is Mark)

    ReplyDelete